Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Knot Your Average Day

The boy child is off to school and I am having one of those moments where I don't know what to do first... have more coffee, clean my kitchen which seems to have been completely destroyed, or do laundry. The only one of these options that sounds good at all is more coffee.

Of course somehow in the last few days I seem to have tweaked my back, and it does not feel good. Yes, I have taken a painkiller. I'm wondering if it will ever work, but at least I can say I took it. This hasn't happened to me in a long time. Back pain used to be a constant companion, but that was when I was a lot heavier. Lately,  migraines have been my primary source of pain, so I'm a little unthrilled with this. I have a knot next to my left shoulder blade that seems to be the most painful first thing in the morning, which is of course right when I want to be the most productive. Yay. So I guess I'm doing some stretching this morning to see if I can loosen it up, because otherwise my kitchen will remain a complete mess. And that, my friends, will suck.

Oh, and of course the rest of my house is pretty thrashed too. It's amazing, no matter how clean it was a few days ago, now it looks like a tornado went through here. Children are amazingly good at making messes and refusing to clean them up, and with my back messed up I am not going to be crawling around on the floor cleaning up after them. Ha. Absolutely frigging not. I'll just proceed to walk on the toys and dirty clothes, if they don't care why should I? At least I have shoes on and I won't have to worry about hurting my feet or stepping on anything gross, right? Right. And on that note, I am totally going to go have some more coffee. And stretch. A lot.

Wish me luck, I need it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment