Saturday, January 28, 2012

I made this amazing meal today, for dinner, and my children, being the ungrateful wretched brats that they can be, turned up their noses at it and wanted salami and bananas for dinner. As usual. It's funny how kids end up with favorite foods that they don't want to give up. I guess I can't complain too much, because mine was ketchup. But I would just eat it on everything. And believe me, growing up like I did I learned how to eat.


See, bacon-wrapped chicken breasts with roasted Yukon Gold potatoes and carrots. How could you not love this meal? Guess it's just me.

My kids, on the other hand, want to eat the same two or three foods for every meal. This cannot be healthy. Though I guess I should not complain as they do deviate from eating the same foods at least sometimes, and they do eat their veggies. Raw, even. They even eat raw spinach, which I never did when I was a kid. So never mind, this is me not complaining. Though I would have liked it if they at least noticed that I cooked real food, instead of just throwing salami and bananas at them. Ha. Yeah, that's a funny thought.

*hurls peeled bananas and pieces of salami at the children like they're dogs and they're going to catch it out of the air*

All right, that wouldn't work so well, but it is a funny thought. ;)

I got some time off today, kid-free time... which translates directly into creative time for me. Hence, I cooked. And made some jewelry, which is a hobby that I wish actually paid. Here's a pic of something I made today, some super-cool earrings.


See, this is what I'm good at, and what I would do all the time, if it was worth my time to do so. Instead, this functions as a hobby, while I am Mommy and I work and keep my house, this is what I'm thinking about doing. Helps keep me sane sometimes. And sometimes it is my retreat, my leave-me-alone-I'm-working thing, even when it doesn't make me much money. Damn these economic times anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment